Nickel-Iron Battery/Bill of Materials
Off-the Shelf Sourcing
- Alibaba, 36 cent/watt, MOQ 20, 1200Ah cells. 
- 44 cent/watt, 300Ahr bats, MOQ 40 
- $28 for 10Ah, 1.2V - $2.30/watt 
- $1.5/W - Ebay - 
- Iron Edison - 92 cents/watt - 
- $12k for 19.2kw - 62 cents from China
provisional bom (0.1)
- Commodity price - $6lb - 
- Nickels - 
potassium hydroxide KOH
- 24 cents per pound commodity price - 
- $32 for 100Wh - 80Ah bat cells- 
- This means 4kW would be $1280, causing an energy transition to off grid.
- 800Ah - weighs 57 kg. 
- 1200Ah for $200 each? . That would be $140/kw, unreal. Table says 62kg filled. If weight in nickel is 1/5, that is only 12kg nickel. So the price would be $120 in materials. They are selling at $140.
Other from China Sourcing
- http://www.beutilityfree.com/index.php/products/nickel-iron-batteries/nickel-iron-testimonials - from thread at  which estimates that a 1800Whr system has $600 of nickel in it. Good thread - says these batteries really work and are robust. You can replace cells easily, not like with lead acid.
- Zappworks -
- Australia - Ironcore - 
- Nickel-Iron Battery/Sourcing - more info on nickel hydrate
- Nickel is 20% of the battery - 
- If nickel is 1/5 the battery, and nickel is $6/lb raw - then price of battery is $1/lb based on nickel cost. Thus a 50 kg battery should be $100 in materials only. If nickel hydrate was obtained readily from nickel.