Nickel-Iron Battery Importing
- On import duties and tariffs - 
- Batteries appear to have a 7.5% tariff from China - https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/trump-administration-lowers-import-tariffs-on-chinese-batteries#:~:text=The%20White%20House%20halved%20import,7.5%20percent%2C%20effective%20February%2014.
- Check tariff on any product - 
- Port of Kansas City does appear to run container ships - as it shows arrivals and departures of vessels which are cargo ships - . See also wikipedia - . It says it's equipped with a 100 ton crane.
Tariff vs Duty
- Calculator online - 
- If tariff on batteries is 7.5%, that makes overall import cost 45% of FOB cost.
- Code for nickel-iron batteries is 8507.80.81 - "8507.80.81 Other storage batteries nesi, other than of a kind used as the primary source of power for electric vehicles". HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) code lookup says 3.5% -