OSE Financial Transparency
- 1 Introduction
- 2 2015 Filing
- 3 2014
- 4 Protocol for 2014
- 5 2013 - Income & Expenditures
- 6 2012 - Income & Expenditures
- 7 2011 - Expenditures Graph
- 8 Links
The Annual Budget Report is a summary of the actual spending and revenue of OSE, verified with bank account statements.
Use the template below as an example.
- 990 Extension Form - Form 8868
2015 Overhead Expenses
Monthly Estimate for planning purposes: $1100, or about $13k/year
- Electricity - $180 per month (during peak workshop season)
- Fuel - $200
- Water - $80
- Internet - $220
- Phone - $120
- Web hosting + acceleration - $120
- Insurance - $58
- Auto insurance - $67
- Admin (tax filing) - $23
- Taxes - $25
(filed mid-2015, forthcoming)
Annual Report Infographic Base:
Protocol for 2014
It took 2 hr 40 min to set up spreadsheet template and fill it out from bank statements, minus the infographic below.
- Download all statements from Bank of America.
- Fill out Column I and P in above spreadsheet for the Monthly Revenue and Spending using the cover page of monthly BofA statement
- Look through revenue - should have a quick breakdown of donations, speaker fees, workshop revenues, etc. Use other for refunds or unfamiliar entries.
- Look through details of spending to detect overhead costs (quick scan for utilities, phone, internet, water electricity, insurance, web hosting, domain registrations, etc).
- To balance revenue, use a formula in column H to subtract total revenue from known revenues
- To balance costs, use a formula in column J to make Prototyping + Infrastructure any spending that is not salary, travel, fuel, or overhead.
- Look at Eventbrite and total the workshops revenue + spring break revenue
- Look at PayPal to determine the total money received in first and last month, and average that to derive an annual revenue
2013 - Income & Expenditures
See Form 990 for 2013 -  From Form 990:
- Total Revenue: $354k
- Total Expenses: $402k
- Total Assets at beginning of year: $262k
- Total Assets at end of year: $214k
Note: OSE has received its of Tax Exempt status from the IRS on September 27, 2013. We are also exempt from state sales tax.
Download OSE's 2013 Profit and Loss Statement - OSEPL2013.pdf
2012 - Income & Expenditures
See Form 990 Filing - 
2012 - Global Village Construction Set Budget
- Global Village Construction Set - Budget Estimate (2012)
- Global Village Construction Set - Budget Estimate (2012) - Rationale
2012 Financial Statements
2011 - Expenditures Graph
- GVCS Machines - includes only materials
- GVCS Machines - outsourced design work
- GVCS Machines - outsourced labor
- Construction - materials
- Construction - labor
- Infrastructure - energy, water, utilities, internet, phone
2011 - Income & Expenditures
Receipts & Checks
Fiscal Sponsor in 2011-2012
Terra Foundation 501(c)(3)