Open Source Design Thinking
Open Source Design Thinking is Design Thinking that centers around an open source approach and yields Distributive Enterprise. 6 critical components of open source design thinking include:
- Collaborative Literacy - psychological and spiritual tools beyond a scarcity mindset of the reptilian brain that allow for the open source, growth mindset. This is the seed of the collaborative cortex, which does not yet exist in the human brain.
- Collaboration Toolset - software and processes to translate collaborative literacy into collaboration for product development
- Open Source Hardware Tools - If design thinking is open source, then the machines used both in the design process, and the results of the design - should be open source.
- Learning Community - the environment in which the open source design thinker surrounds oneself is intended to be a learning community, where the design thinking is grounded in rapid learning via open source access to information. The community promotes the spread of rapid learning by acting in a transparent way.
- Ecology - Design for an open source, circular economy, based on lifetime design - which is related to the open source ecology vision of collaborative design for a transparent and inclusive economy of abundance. Inclusive indicates that nature and people are included.
- Distributive Enterprise - Open Source Design Thinking includes an aim toward economic freedom, which can be best expressed via Distributive Enterprises. Distributive Enterprise is a manifestation of the 4th freedom of the 4 Freedoms of Open Source