Open Source Peltier Refrigerator
- 4x less efficient than compression-based refrigerators, but may be worth it for reasons of higher simplicity or where DC only is available - 
- DOE publication evaluating refrigeration types - 
- This is made up for by using a chest-style refrigerator. How many times more efficient is a top opening vs front opening fridge?
- 10-20x - 
- 10x - 
- 12x + easy part list - 
- Insulation approaches max quickly after 2" of thickness for foam - see graph at bottom of - 
- $600, 60W, 1.7 cu ft, 12v - 
- 1.7 cu ft, $200 - 
Super Efficient (Not Peltier)
- Sundanzer - $1020 for 5.8 cu ft - Danfoss DC compressor - 4" insulation - 
- Power draw - 185 Whr per day
- Compare to 7 cu ft conversion abobe - 8 watt average - or 192 Whr per day. Same performance, about 1/5 the price.
- How to build a big walk-in freezer - . Uses 4" of insulation. By Forrest Pritchard.