PV Production Line
Unique Value Propositions
- Low cost production of PV cells and custom cells
- Community-based manufacturing model and extreme Manufacturing
- 100MW production line quotes - []
- Stringer - $40k
- Laminator - $60k
- Layup - $60k
- Flasher - $40k
- Framer - $80k
- Foil cutter - $20k
- $200k for a 10MW system? - 
Current Cost of Solar Grade Silicon
- Gross silicon is produced by the cover thermal reduction of silicon dioxide - 
- 6 sigma silicon is needed - . It is actually 1/3 of six sigma error.
- Upgraded metallurgical grade silicon cost $2 per kilogram 
- $40-200 per kg for solar grade silicon - 
- Polysilicon is $15/kg, and 5kg is needed per kw of PV panels - 
- About 660g of silicon per 60 cell panel - . This does not include wasted silicon starting from uncut crystals
- Cost of silicon in a solar panel is 20 cents per watt in 2012 - . Silver contacts cost half this amount. Nickel and copper contacts are higher performance and lower cost but more complex to manufacture.
- This future development shows $4 per kilogram cost for solar grade silicon.  in 2017.
- China had 7 cent/W lower labor cost than US in 2012 -