Painting a House
- Interior paint job costs around $3/sf without ceiling or trim, and $5/sf with ceiling and trim. Seems like around $4/sf avg for whole house . But this seems to be re-painting, thus higher for new paint?
- Paint lasts up to 400 sf/gal 
- You need 2+ coats starting from scratch.
- You need primer for raw wood, 2-in-1 paint/primer is for stuff that has been painted already.
- Bob Vila says similar.
- Latex, oil, shellac 
- Oil-based works best on wood.
- Oil based -
- Use Pittsburgh 
According to the links below, using the PVA/drywall primer on wood might not be the best idea.
Go with the oil-based primer. That won't raise the grain and will hopefully provide a smooth surface for the paint.
It's also possible that these stain-blocking primers all do the same job as the more expensive BIN primer that we're using on the ceiling. I just don't know...