Parallel Production Engineering
This is a document specifying the workflow/timing/layout ofthe production process to coordinate a modular build. The focus is on effective parallel coordination with a sizeable number of people within the context of swarm-based social production.
This must be based on:
- Number of different modules
- Completion time of each module
- Module complexity
- Number of people doing the build
- Tools available for the build and their condition
- Supplies available for the build
- Skill level of participants
- Infrastructure and facility access
- Safety during the build process
- Optimal timing during the day
- External factors such as weather. For example, in rainy whether, fetching supplies from outside may be an issue.
- Energy level and morale of the build team
- Amount of leadership, guidance, and automation available
This should be a slide presentation with printouts for the production manager. Presentation should depict:
- Which modules are being built when
- What tools/techniques are used
- Quality control steps required
- Adjustment of timing based on contingencies
- Treatment of individual modules and their assembly into a complete structure.