Team Culturing Information
last updated: 16. September, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Pat Duff
- Location (city, country) - Christmas Valley, OR USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - arbortender (at) gmail (dot) com, 541-771-2946, arbortender
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - I'm 25 years an arborist & 5 years off-grid on a five acre primitive permaculture farm in central Oregon.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I want to become more effective and self-sustaining.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
More people who can build tools for themselves means more effective people & a stronger economy for individuals and for groups.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I should finish my most important work (bookkeeping) and move on to study more carefully how I might be able to help.
- What are you missing in the project?
Not within my present familiarity to assess competently.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
I'll stand by on this too, until I am more familiar.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
I do trees & have a broad array of other general skills and capabilities.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Yes, monthly financial drop in the bucket via TrueFans.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Financially, for now, and by keeping up with & thinking over what you are up to.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Not at this time.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
not at this time
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, but the goats need me daily, so I'll accept a raincheck & lots of photos! =)
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Not at this time
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Probably not at this time
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Oboy...interested and tempted, but this seems like a little too much to commit to at this time & given my present responsibilities to my own little farm.