Porous Substrate Bioreactor
- Often Abbreviated as PSBR or PSB
- May need a "Phot-" bit to differentiate between non-photobioreactors?
- Seems to be the Hydroponics / Aeroponics of PBRs
- Uses a porous substrate (often sintered something, although mesh screens/felt, and maybe even expanded metal *should* work?) to grow a biofilm of algae
- Either uses continuous flow, or pulsed (like tidal (forget the word) ) hydroponics
- Saves water (especially if evaporated water is recovered)
- More exposure of algae to circulated gas thus oxygen to co2 concentration can be optimized
- Can have more light expose than some other methods
- Works especially with Product Excreting Algae <- may need better name
- Does it Require Periodic "Scraping" ?