This is for solving pressing world issues: how to approach problems for fundamental solutions.
- What problem are you trying to solve? Are you asking the correct question? Because insight here can give a ready solution. Ex. We're inventing a new house. No, we are just lowering the cost on existing prior art.
- What are the unsolved problems/unanswered questions in that area of endeavor?
- How do you find out what you need to find out? 1. First principles and calculations. 2. Ethics 3. Values
- Be creative.
- Optimize performance to break the iron triangle. First define what that means.
- Enlist the world to help. Create platforms, software, communication channels.
- Think of fundamental solutions, not bandaids.
- Create independent funding. Cross-subsidize, then core-subsidize.
- How do you get the lifetime cost down 100x?
- How do you get the lifetime performance down 100x?
- How do you get the speed of build down 100x? Hint: swarms are a part of it.
- Define what optimization means, define what robustness means.
- Define a budget to get there.
- Fundraise via the nonprofit sector to make this happen.
- Educate people on this issue.
- Apply this to developing an open source tractor, aquaponic greenhouse, and house-materials 3D printer.