- Build upon existing standards. If a standard does not exist, create one.
- Develop to the point of cash flow to swell energy of movement.
- Build infrastructure not only for current needs but for future generations.
- Publish early and often.
- Before doing a task, document the knowhow so others can join you.
- 99/1 rule of Extreme Manufacturing - it takes 1% of total development time to build a prototype only if 99% of effort went into preparation.
- 80/20 rule - you can get to 80% with 20% effort
- The last 1% rule: to get from 99% to a finished product takes as much energy as it took to get to 99%. Ie, to finish a product to a marketable standard is challenging.
- Ideas are cheaper than execution