Software that help us be more productive.
Autokey (Ubuntu) or Autohotkey (Win)
What: quick typing - you write a short text which autmatically expands to a defined text.
- Show the configuration: press Win+K
- Create a phrase:
- To trigger immediately, in "Set Abbreviation" check "Trigger immediately"
- To enable everywhere, set "Window Filter" to ".*"
- Create text shortcuts:
- You type "myem" and it is automatically replaced by "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- How to do it? "Edit this script" and add ":*:myem::email@example.com"
- Use it for repeatable words, expressions you are using very often.
- Speed up auto-completion by adding "SetKeyDelay, 0" (http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic60006.html)
- Start any program or file with few keystrokes.