Project Manager Role Description
Role is to:
- to complete the requirements by documenting the Project Owner's high level and specific requirements
- To manage process of filling in a comprehensive tree of choices based on a Patent Search
- To document Current State of Norm in the Background research - ie, those practices which are currently common in the community of users outside OSE, and relate that to OSE's goals
- To document the current State of Art by doing an internet search, deep web search, and contacting SMEs
- To perform an SME discovery process and to relate potential contribution to OSE
- Forward any potential SME Advisors to team leadership for invitation to OSE's Board of Advosors
- To support the Project by assuring that all assets are being documented in the Development spreadsheet
- To set up a Burndown Graph as a percentage of completion, and maintain it by making sue that every contributor is updating the State of Completion
- To maintain an active Task Board (scrumy) that allows current tasks to be visible
- To post to the OSE FB page with relevant updates
- Update development protocols as they are being developed in the process, including generating video screencast micro instructionals on every individual step.
- documenting every single Process Definition in the Dev Template, and coordinating these with other Project Leaders
- taking OSE Project management Crash Course - for how Design Sprints, Iinformal Meetings, Working Team Meeting, Chapter Meetings, And other development events contribute to the overall development
- taking OSE training on becoming an Ambassador of OSE
- specifically building a team for and requesting contributions to the 25 development steps of main development
- here list specidfically the guidelines and steps required to achieve each dev step of the 25 or so
Improvement Triggers - Conditions of Satisfaction
For OSE to achieve intrinsically-motivated, rapid development velocity that exceeds any found in extrinsically motivated work (see OSE Theory of Responsibility) - a part of the path to get there involves efficiency and rapid learning (personal and organizational) that allows contributors to feel that their time is well spent on achieving tangible results. To this end, we need to define specific performance requirements to be able to measure progress - and to enact corrective measures on an ongoing basis - until desired results are met. Thus, here are various check points that the Project Manager must manage at all times - for the Project Management to be effective. If these conditions are being missed on a regular basis, then the Development Process must be changed strategically until the normal operation of OSE does end up meeting these checkpoints effortlessly. If these checkpoints are not being met, an efficient process is not occurring. To address any gaps - the process may have to be refined so that structurally, the default action meets the condition of satisfaction. For example, to address the issue of individuals not uploading their work immediately, an online platform may be the OSE standard, where work in the cloud means that the document is available to the rest of the team by default.
- Are updated CAD files being uploaded as soon as they are available, or is the individual producing them need to be reminded continuously?
- Does the contributor's log show the work done?
- Is there a way to know automatically (without asking) what work has been done?
- is the Status updated to reflect current priorities?
- Is a roadmap available to show where the project is?
- Is the level of completion shown so that the burn down is clear?