Propagation Calendar and Available Stock at Factor e Farm
This page describes the living stock available at Factor e Farm.
- Raspberries - we have a few hundred raspberry plants, which can be propagated into thousands more via root cuttings.
- Status - abundant
- Timing - root cuttings may be taken and planted as soon as the ground becomes workable
- We planted a number of peaches, plums, apricots, and plums as rootstocks. We have about 100 of these
- Status - limited
- We are growing out myrobalan plum for seed stock
- We are growing out prunus persica peach stock for seed
- Grapes - Several types available, all being grown out.
- Need to get quality cuttings from many sources
- Chickens - if we engage in ongoing incubation, the numbers can rise to self-sustaining levels.
- Worms - abundant in several tubs
- Bees - organic cultivation bee hives - need to install a number of swarm catchers
- We have about 10 apple rootstocks that we are growing out for cuttings. These are to be rooted at a later date.
- We should acquire additional suckers or plants for
- Hazelnut - we should acquire a large number of stock from propagated suckers from quality plants
- Oikos Tree Crops has a significant number of wild-type apricots and plums that we should plant out for rootstock seed.
We need a dedicated person to document all our stock, to make GIS maps thereof, and to solicit further stock from various sources.
We need major contour swaling/manuring/seeding clover to create better habitat for plants