Pyrolysis Oil Project Status
Current Development Stage(s)
For the Deployment Stages see: Pyrolysis_Open_Source_Design_Rationale_(OSDR)#Deployment_Strategy
Model for Empirical Knowledge
- March 21st,2009 Purchased five feet of 3/4" copper pipe, five copper 3/4" 90 degree elbows, one 3/4" to 1/2" copper coupler, 10' feet of 1/2" nominal tubing, flux, silver solder, MAPP gas, torch head, pipe cutter, flux, silver solder, Dremel tool.
- March 21st,2009 Cut to length all five feet of copper pipe
- March 22nd,2009 Model assembly delayed. High winds dis-allow torch soldering and my $275/mo abode has limited indoor manufacturing facilities. Also missing 1' 2" dia copper pipe, end caps, water basin, water basin lid, water basin gasket, and need about 8" more of 3/4" copper pipe.
- March 29th, 2009 2" dia copper pipe obtained, end cap obtained, and 3/4" copper pipe obtained. Parts silver solder assembled with MAPP gas.
- April 3rd, 2009 water basin obtained, modeling clay and natural clay obtained to seal water basin. 1/2" nominal tubing shaped. First test burned planned April 4th after 1:30pm.
- April 4th, 2009 Test Run 00 completed. Found oil is created a temperatures less than 400C.
Elliot's Pyrolysis Reactor Prototype
- Promised drawings and parts list by April 5th, 2009