Quality Control Assessment
This is a general quality control checklist for heavy machinery.
- Did the machine attain practical functionality? Ie, is it usable? Are critical performance features missing?
- Were some parts too big or too small?
- Did any parts or modules have to be modified to fit properly? Explain the modifications that were required.
- What design changes and additions should be made for the next iteration of a build?
- Did the machine have the expected power or performance?
- What things had to be modified between the CAD model and the actual build?
- Which missing design features were added during the build that were not part of the CAD model?
- What features/changes are required to make the machine functionally equivalent to industry standards?
- In what ways does the machine or can the machine be made to exceed industry standards?
- Does the steering and ground-hugging work?
- Did all the parts fit together as expected? If not, please explain.
- Were sharp edges and exposed rough torching areas ground down with a grinder?
- Do all pins have a head on one side and a cotter pin on the other?
Welding and Fasteners
- Discuss any welds that failed inspection.
- Did all the bolts fit as expected? If not, pleas explain what prevented them from fitting.
- Did any bolt lengths have to be modified? Please explain.
- Did any hydraulic fittings or hoses leak? How was this corrected?
- Did all motors and cylinders work?
- Were the correct fittings used? Which fittings should be replaced?
- Were there any fittings that did not work and had to be modified?
- Were there any cylinder tabs that had to be modified because