WHO are you?
* Name: Rafael A. Gonzalez * Country: Puerto Rico * Contact Information (email, skype, phone) firstname.lastname@example.org , ing_rgonz , Suggestion EVO works better than skype ( http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/ ) * Resume/CV
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
* Do you endorse open source culture?
I do endorse open source culture from software to hardware, and I definitely want to be part of this project because, in my mind, this is the IDEAL community project. This is a good cause and has engineering in it so, it is a WIN WIN for me.
* Why are you interested in developing or supporting this work?
I think that every human being, deep down, wants to be part of something bigger than themselves ( an organization of some sort) the challenge is to find the right organization that you may fit in so that you can be happy and productive at the same time. This is the kind of work I don't mind not receiving a paycheck because I truly believe in the open source movement/free culture.
* How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I think it is very simple what GVCS wants to do, develop open source tools that are highly sustainable by a community of smart caring people for the developing/low resources/economically-limited countries or organizations. First of all GVCS is creating AWARENESS, that the solutions to some of the worlds biggest problems are not that complicated as they seem, and that people DO want to improve their quality of life but NEED ( OPEN ) resources for this goal. I truly think GVCS will become the holly grail of Open source culture. WHAT are your skills?
* List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - CMS - CRM - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Prototyping - CNC - CAD - CAM - CAE - Video Production - Information Architecture - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Animation/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other *
I can lead/be part of a group, I know Windows, MAC, Linux. Regarding (Electronics , Automation, Engineering and Energy ) I know the math behind it, so I can design and test instrumentation for different machines due to my experience and gathered knowledge as an Electrical Engineering student.
* How have you already contributed to the project?
I have not. HOW can you help?
* How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development? * Yes
* Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week? * Yes, about 8 hours a week. ( I have heavy course load )
* Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate? * Yes, 13 dollars per hour.
* Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit? * No at this time.
* Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development? * I am willing to donate my knowledge and time but not money ( poor student ) ;)
* Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work? * No.
* Are you a True Fan? If not, why not? * No. (poor student)
* Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis? * I have Phd plans after graduation, so no. But I see myself working part-time for a long time.
* Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology. * I think I can only donate my time, remotely, because I have Phd plans.