Build: August 7-9, 2018
See full pictures at Recyclebot Build
It's a Good Day for Open Source in 2018
A working version of Recyclebot has finally been pubished, after a few years of development:
- 3D Printed Parts for download- https://osf.io/67dkq/
- Electrical BOM - download spreadsheet to access links - https://osf.io/psxfa/
- Mechanical BOM - https://osf.io/fhnea/
Cloud Editable OSE Version
- NEMA 23 geared down motor - torque is 2x that of the Lyman Filament Maker motor. See Lyman Filament Maker Calculations
- A 1/2" schedule 80 pipe (in link) nipple will not fit a 5/8" auger. Is this an error?
- What are the +extras for the LCD display?
- Link to 50 rpm DC motor took me to a 100 RPM motor. Is that an error?
- PWM speed controller link does not work - can you send a link that works?
- For smooth 3/8" rod - just checking - is that supposed to be wood or steel?
- Wood board - got any?
- $66 for the rollers with shipping. Why not just print the rollers with TPU?
- Would these lower cost fans work for the cooling? https://www.ebay.com/itm/261549180195
CAD - FreeCAD conversion
- FreeCAD and STEP available from 
- 3D printed roller - File:Roller.stl - and File:Roller.fcstd
- Ninjaflex skin + Smaller Roller - File:Ninjaflex skin.stl + File:Smallerroller.stl
- Coupler for traverse motor - File:Transversecoupler.stl
- Recyclebot main documentation on Appropedia with extensive literature search and study of industry standards by Dr. P - 
- 2018 Updates - 
- Older Recyclebot documentation - .
- Lyman Filament Maker Calculations - key numbers