Reformer Sponge Iron Reaction
- A Hydrogen Production Technology
- Utilises Syngas and a Fluidized Bed of iron
- It is essentially a mix of Chemical Looping Conduction and Direct Reduced Iron
- Also often called the "Steam-Iron Process" (need to double check if these are not truely distinct)
- The Wikipedia Page on the Sponge Iron Reaction and it's use in a Reformer Sponge Iron Reaction workflow
- The Wikipedia Page on The Lane Hydrogen Producer need to dig for info on this one, seems similar, but perhaps less sophisticated? (ie no fluidized bed reactor, and coal gas fed, not Steam Reforming gas fed
- Iron Oxide Cycle Another process that seems to use more complicated (ie not pure iron, dopants are added) catalysts?