Replicability of Productive Facilities
Our approach to enterprise creation is such that whenever we build out productive capacity, we ask deeply - whether the productive capacity may be replicated by others with low barriers to replication. We are taking the case of a 3000 square foot facility - metal roof, post-and-beam structure. The basic structure is gravel-on-grade, and a cement slab is retrofitted in 16x16' squares.
This question includes:
- Capital Startup Costs - construction
- Materials Costs - construction
- Design Costs - construction - none under the assumption of open blueprints
- Capitalization - production facility
Capital Startup - Construction
Capital costs for construction include, in materials costs for building the equipment from open source plans:
- Tractor with 54hp - $10k
- Trencher - $1k
- Backhoe - $1k
- Cement mixer - $1k
- CEB press - $4k
- Soil Pulverizer - $500
- Dimensional Sawmill - $2k
TOTAL - $19.5k in equipment, and about $2k in equipment after induction furnace and full CNC is available to produce all this equipment from scrap steel.
For post-and-beam roof-covered structures,
- 1000 lb capacity tractor-loader-mounted cement mixer, 20 minute mix cycle - 5 tons of cement mixed per day - weight of cubic yard of cement - - or about 100 lb per cubic foot.