Replicable Business Model Strategy
We have an industrial grade 3D printer  that still requires minor tuning. Motion, electronics, are fine; may need stabilization of motion by going to higher voltage for more torque and stiffer axes. We have the options of selling kits running extreme manufacturing workshops [https://www.opensourceecology.org/3d-printer-workshop-eugene-oregon/, or doing professional development . Then we can develop other products - filament maker for recucling waste plastic to 3D printing eco filament, and building a larger printer for printing furniture from scrap plastic.
Beyond this, we want to start OSE Clubs - like FIRST Robotics - but eco technology with a purpose for the common good via open source transformation of education to open source product development.
Current plan: finalize design -> sell kits -> organize workshops. With stable revenue, work full time on Clubs to increase prototyping capacity. Collaborators continue R&D on other products.
Key point to keep in mind: Industrial Productivity on a Small Scale
There have been several business models that we need to evaluate for (first 4 questions from OSE, last 5 as in Disciplined Entrepreneurship):
- Development time and cost required to develop a product for that market?
- Revenue per month?
- Time per month required to deliver products?
- Trainability of others when used as a Distributive Enterprise?
- Does the customer have money?
- Are the customers accessible to your salesforce?
- Do they have a good reason to buy your product?
- Is there competition in this market?
- If you win this market, will it help you with the next one?
- Core Mission Alignment: Is the market consistent with the goals and values of the company’s founders?
- 3D printer kit
- XM Workshop
- 2 day professional development
- 3 day OSE Club startup
- Simplified low cost kit
- Desing Guides - 3D Printer, Tractor, Power Electronics
- 3D printer Parts only kit
- Filament Making workshop
- Large 3D printer
- Corporate Team Building Retreat
See also 3D_Printer_Marketing#Product_Menu