Team Culturing Information
last updated: 6. June, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - robert anteau
- Location (city, country) - amsterdam, the netherlands
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - anteau (at) hushmail (dot) com, +31299770142
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
R O B E R T A N T E A U
ADDRESS: Aztekenstraat 14, Purmerend 1448XT
TELEPHONE: +31 299770142
EMAIL: anteau (at) lycos (dot) com
A highly experienced Test Manager, with in depth knowledge of the Telecommunications industry focused on achieving results.
A highly experienced Operations Manager, with in depth knowledge of the Telecommunications industry, who has achieved rapid career growth following the successful delivery of results.
A committed and tenacious problem solver, who reviews ineffective working practices and implements solutions that impact positively on performance.
An energetic and adaptable change manager, who provides clear support and direction to maintain performance and realize corporate objectives.
An articulate communicator, with first-rate interpersonal skills, who develops effective relationships at every level.
A resourceful controller, who forecasts requirements and maintains resources to meet future demands.
Ready to deliver impressive results in a managerial position within a challenging new Telecommunications/ Technical environment.
Telfort/HP 2008 – Now(Telecom)
Delivery Stream Manager
Responsible for the Throughput of the post-paid (CCBS) stream. Manage vendor relationship with Huawei. Manage team of 19 people. Managed offshore AppDev/Test teams.
Manager Test Management
Responsible for testing of software by third parties as well as a department of 13 test coordinators. Ensure that Telfort test department gets grown from an organization of 1 to 13 persons and to professionalise the Telfort test group. Ensure training meets recognized standards and introduce SOX working methods and compliance I into testing group. Manage 2.0 test team, (Huawei CCBS system). Overall Test Manager for the 2.0 CCBS project.
UPC NL 1999 - 2007(CATV and Broadband Provider)
Reverse Logistics and Testing Manager
Responsible for forecasting, and testing of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) as well as Network Services Equipment (NWS). Implemented training policy to ensure that regional technical staff perform their duties effectively thereby reducing overall costs. Provided five separate reports to the VP NWS and had budgetary responsibility for all return CPE and NWS equipment. Also responsible for writing all test protocols to ensure that used CPE and NWS equipment was returned to service. Responsible for ongoing testing to ensure the quality of the VoIP (Arris, SA) and STB (Thomson, Pace) platforms together with other UPC affiliates. Testing groups tested both hardware and embedded software.
National CPE Logistics ManagerResponsible for ordering, forecasting, stocking and testing Customer Premise Equipment (CPE). Implemented training to ensure that regional staff perform their duties effectively. Provides three separate reports to the CEO and has CTO budgetary responsibility for all CPE, totaling 24 million euro’s. Also responsible for writing all test protocols and ensuring that used CPE is returned to service.
Field Operations and Installations Manager
Responsible for maintaining the quality and integrity of the HFC network from the hub to the end user, providing installation activity and maintaining quality standards for all cable, telephony and Internet customers. Handled customer services and resolved complaints. Provided daily management of Field Engineers and other staff and contractors to ensure smooth departmental and network operation. Undertook staff recruitment, training and development. Maintained interdepartmental communications/relations. Negotiated standard contracts with contractors and set pricing, working closely with purchasing and legal department.
TELECRAFTERS, MICHIGAN, USA 1994 - 1999(Telecom contracting firm)
Responsible for all facets of telephony and cable installation, new build and rebuild. Recruited and managed a team of 50, ensuring the achievement of set targets. Implemented training initiatives to enhance performance and development. Also responsible for acquisitions, winning contracts, bid conferencing and budget control.
Responsible for installing cable services to residential and business customers, managing a staff of 20. Facilitated training to ensure quality of work and enhance staff development.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
Broadband Transmission Philips
Berenschot Management UPC
Prince 2 Telfort
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Lite HP
Vrije Universiteit 1990 - 1994
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
East Detroit High School 1982 - 1985
An experienced computer user with knowledge of Visio, Oracle, Office, and Projects.
Holds a full clean driving license.
A fluent Dutch speaker, reader, and writer
Native English speaker
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I do and for all of the PC's in my house and my company server I use Ubuntu
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I feel that I have skills that could be of value to the Project and I think it is helping to create a more sustainable future
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I think that the GVCS project is creating a situation that in the long term will not only create something that is sustainable form an economic perspective by moving all of the activities to a local level as well as moving down the energy needs by reducing the size of the supply chain thereby improving the environment
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
We should discuss and find a best fit where I can best help out in the project
- What are you missing in the project?
I believe that it needs to become more professional in particular as far as project management is concerned. In addition the project needs to increase its funding base by approaching persons/group/organiztions both governmental and NGO
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Look at ways to improve the funding. Improve the level of professionalism.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Communications/Organizational/Finance/fund raising. I have 15 years of Telco management experience so I feel I can improve the maturity of the project
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I have not
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
In the area of project management and helping to generate more funding
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes, 5-10 hours per week
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes, but not now. Most of my freelance work relates to Test Management/Line Management/Process Managment, usually with budgetary control. I think at this point I am to expensive for the project.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, perhaps in the fall or maybe spring next year
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Yes, but not now as I am currently working and I am looking for now to do some no cost work for the project
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No, But I will become one
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Hard to say as at this point I am giving my time for free. In the future maybe.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
A great initiative but as I am not coming to live in the US for 3-5 years its not going towrk for me