last updated: 9. June, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Robin Bäckman
- Location (city, country) - Lovisa, Finland
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - robinbackman (at) gmail (dot) com, +358505968687
- Introductory Video - Coming soon! :)
- Resume/CV -
Self-taught filmmaker, editor, writer and director.
Self-taught photographer and web/graphic/light designer. Basic skills in house building.
Software I use in my work (all open source)
Video Editing - http://kdenlive.org
Photography and graphic design - http://gimp.org
Web design - http://wordpress.org
Graphic design - http://inkscape.org
Music - http://ardour.org
Freelancer from 2008
Visual and technical design and implementation of the Folk High School's "Borgå folkakademi" marketing products: Web-pages, newspaper ads, brochures, flyer's and films. 2007-2011
Computer & Electronics Administrator and Website Administrator & Designer at the Folk High School "Borgå folkakademi" in Porvoo, 2007-2011.
One of three Swedish-Finn directors who were chosen to direct Annina Enckell's script "En tystlåten person". Directed, produced, filmed, edited and composed the music to the film (8 min). Broad-casted on Finnish television, autumn 2008.
Course Administrator and teacher in the Film and theater course at the Folk High School "Borgå folkakademi" in Porvoo, 2008-2009.
Written, directed, produced, filmed, edited and composed the music to a 16 minute long short film "Blod, svett och dårar". Broad-casted on Finnish television, spring 2008.
Scenography for the play "Amadeus", Lurens summer theater, summer 2008.
Photography for the play "Madame Butterfly", Postbackens summer theater, 2008.
Stage-manager for "Nyländsk afton", a big Swedish-Finn event were dozens of summer plays and bands join together for a one big show, 2007.
Actor in summer plays at Lurens summer theater (Hello Dolly, 2006) and Postbacken summer theater (Rötmånadskonungen, 2007).
Swedish (mother tongue), Finnish (fluent), English (fluent)
One of my recent videos
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes, I endorse open source culture. I only use open source software in my work.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Because I share the same vision.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
The consumer lifestyle makes us delusional. We think it's money that gives us our basic needs and wealth. Everyone is striving for the money without thinking about nature. This is a very dangerous delusion because then we see nature only as an endless resource. We don't have to respect nature and when you don't do that you destroy it. Todays society is digging it's own grave by not going back to the roots, to the basic needs. But that's exactly what the GVCS will allow anyone to do. To unplug ourselves from the delusion and live with nature again and to only take what is needed.
I think you can make an endless list of how GVCS will help with the issues of the world...
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I recently found out about the project. I'm just learning and reading everything I can find about the project. I will get more involved!
- What are you missing in the project?
The idea is not as widely spread as it it should be.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
L33t in Video/Graphics/Art (using open source software).
At my school where I work I renewed their internal communication system using Google Apps and I've also done the PR/Marketing work at our school.
Teacher in film making for 5 years.
Good skills in using linux and lots of software. I'm a fast learner.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I'm a true fan for now but I would like to contribute in other ways to.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I'm interested in making educational films and PR films.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes, I can. It depends on my other work for now. I do lots of freelance jobs now. But ~10-30 hrs per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Not for now
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Not for now
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.