Team Culturing Information
last updated: 18. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Robin Wilding
- Location (city, country) - Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
robin_8000 (at) yahoo (dot) com
phone: 011 52 1 984 115 7537
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
Robin Wilding http://shownd.com/robinwilding, email@example.com
For the last while I have been working for | Real Estate Web Design, producing short articles on a variety of topics, as well as | Regina Condos for Sale and | Brampton Condos for Sale . In addition I have worked on many smaller scale projects for private companies writing web content, sales content, SEO material, press releases, and worked on Social Marketing campaigns.Companies worked for include: Luxury Homes Brampton , | Winnipeg Condos for Sale, and | Calgary Condos for Sale and | Brampton Home for Sale
WordPress, Office Suite, Open Office, Windows, MAC OS, Linux, Indesign, PageMaker, Scribus, Gimp, various Social Marketing platforms
Oct. 09 – Present Internet Brands Publishing
Write short articles, up to 500 words of keyword rich content based on a sample byline
May 08 – Present Occidental Vacation Club
Greet, tour and explain benefits of Vacation Club to qualified couples then facilitate smooth transfer to Closer
Meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales budgets and targets
Jun. 07 – Dec. 07 Happy Day English Academy
English as a Foreign Language Teacher
Create and follow materials and lesson plans provided and make written and oral games for children of various age groups
Liaise with Korean teachers to ensure continuity
Dec .05 – May. 07 Softchoice
Business Development Account Manager
Making cold and warm calls in order to land medium to enterprise accounts in US market space (150-50,000 seats) in given territory
Grow accounts on a quarterly basis through computer software and hardware transactions
Increase sales by long term planning with customers about future technology needs
July 03 - June 05 ZooScape.com
Handled the companies written and verbal communiqués with the public, consumers and suppliers
Created, updated and rewrote website’s policies, product descriptions, and other web site content
Mar. 03 - May. 03 Mississauga News
Researched, wrote and edited stories on weekly basis
Multi-tasked under tight deadlines for various sections
Guided high school interns
Sept. 2000 - Dec. 2000 Hewlett Packard
Assistant to public relations manager (intern)
Created nationally distributed public relations materials
Helped implement various public relations campaigns
Day-to-day office duties including faxing and filing
2003 - 2005 York University Toronto, ON
Undergraduate BA degree- Political Science
Focus in developing world issues
2001 - 2003 Sheridan College Oakville, ON
Diploma - Journalism (Multimedia Communications)
Graduated with Honours
1997 - 2001 Bramalea Secondary Brampton, ON
Graduated w/ Diploma - honour status
E.W. Howard Award for Excellence
English and science proficiency awards
Editor of high school yearbook
Languages: English, Spanish, some French
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I openly endorse open source culture. Previously I solely endorsed the open source software movement--but was blown away when I heard about an open source hardware revolution.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I wanna be one of the kool kids.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I think the world needs a paradigm shift--we need to live local again. And I believe that the GVCS can be a force of change. It is time that we, as a people, put our collective technology in the hands of the people--and not in the hands of psychopathic corporations.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Just keep me in the loop and I will participate with anything I can contribute.
- What are you missing in the project?
This project is missing press. GVCS could be an earth-shaking movement, but is more of a gentle tremble right now because people don't know about it.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
PR/Marketing--press releases, internet material, documentation, white papers, etc.
Graphics--I have some graphic design skills but mainly for promotional material, not AutoCAD.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I have already written a few articles about the project. One on Brajeshwar.com and one for Your Positive News International. Neither of them have been published yet but they will by the end of the month.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I am a professionally trained journalist from Canada that has experience writing press material, articles, white papers, documentation and news stories. I would like to contribute in any way possible, although to be completely honest I am not sure how facets you need help with or how many I would be helpful in.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I can virtually volunteer with you--obviously it needs to be telecommute volunteering as I live in Mexico. I could commit to up to 5 hours per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
At this point I would like to start volunteering--perhaps it can turn into more one day!
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
not at this time.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Hmmm...that's a head scratcher.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
Ummm...Im not exactly a heavy machinery kind of girl.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
uh YEAH! I would love to hear more about that.