Team Culturing Information
last updated: 26. April, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Ryan Thompson
- Location (city, country) - Los Angeles, California
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - Ryanwthompson (at) gmail (dot) com, 310-871-1837
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - https://docs.google.com/document/d/10cX1SzotFDqs0R3xJWX4DnAyeaV3W-pT5qwhQSjLNGQ/edit?hl=en&authkey=CP-NirgJ
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I endorse open source culture. Transparency of the building/design/operation process allows to user improvement and repair.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I want to create abundance for all earths people.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
GVCS can address issues of scarcity and resiliency in the following area. Agricultural, manufacturing, raw material refining and automation of repetitive labor.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I find it easy to be involved with the tools already provided. It will take time to understand the areas i can be most useful.
- What are you missing in the project?
What tools can be used in current urban environments.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
My skills are highest in computer support of software and hardware. I have experience in basic hold repair. Wood framing, plumbing, electrical/wiring. I am a generalist
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I am a True Fan. I plan on building all current tools locally and sharing experiences.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I currently have obligation that will prevent me from being more involved this year 2011. During that time i plan to contribute financially, intellectuality/ via web resources. I plan to create the GVCS locally in LA
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes in year 2012.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I am very interested.