SMS controlled Wireless Irrigation System
Irrigating crops with the exactly right amount of water is a tedious task, especially when you have to walk a long distance to the irrigation pump in the middle of the night to check whether any problem (fish getting stuck in the intake and as a result the irrigation motor burning or jamming!) has occured
The prototype could do the following:
- Be remotely controlled via SMSs through a cellular GSM network.
- Send back ERROR messages to the operator, if the Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) was tripped due to electrical faults or motor jamming.
- Control loads of up to 15 amps.
- 1x cheap/old/used GSM mobile phone with SMS feature(with charger)
- 1x Activated GSM SIM/micro-SIM card of your preffered provider
- 1x Miniature Circuit Breakers
- 1x 120v/240v(choose for your country) 30 Amp Relays
- 1x Atmega 168/328p or an Arduino (OR any other micro with which you are friendly)
- 1x 9v Power Supply for the Arduino/Atmega etc.
- 1x Universal charger if you don't have a phone charger
- 1x High-Gain external antenna(optional)
- Wires (240v/120v FIRE-PROOF wires) and some scraps for the circuit-board
- 2x 240v terminal blocks
- 4x spade connectors(for the relays)
- 3x terminal blocks
- A enclosure(to encase the electronics) like http://www.pactecenclosures.com/product-detail.php?classid=35&seriesid=38&productid=231
- 10x 1N4001 diodes
- 4x 2n2222 transistors
- 2x TIP31 transistors
- 3x TIP102 transistors
- 10x 1K resistors
- 2x Miniature Push Switches
- 1x Perfboard (not if you make a PCB)
- 1x Pack of Misc. LEDs(small size)
- 5x relays with 5v coil
- Soldering Iron
- Screw Driver
- Drill (with drill bits)
- Sander ;) see (http://www.instructables.com/id/Recycled-HDD-Rotary-Sander-for-5/)
Related page: GardenBot