STEP to Sketchup
Open Source Route
- Summary: STEP->STL (FreeCAD) ->DAE (Blender) -> Sketchup
For Individual Objects
- Note: you want to do the above procedure if you want to get an entire machine or set of assemblies.
- Easiest method using FreeCAD & MeshLab.
- Convert from STEP -> STL in FreeCAD
- Convert from STL -> DAE (Collab file) in MeshLab
- In Sketchup: File -> Import, Select ".DAE" (may also be labeled Collab or Earthview)
- Video: Youtube
**Note: You have to go through this procedure for each object in the model. It's not practical for files with lots of discreet objects.
- SkechupPro has STEP import; Sketchup regular has a plugin costing $80 -