Team Culturing Information
last updated: 19. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Scott Bunn
- Location (city, country) - Seneca SC USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
ScottBunn (at) bellsouth (dot) net
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
- Hobbies and Pastimes - converting my standard home and property into a sustainable community, Custom building including biodiesel electric 3 wheeled aerodynamic automobile, efficiency living homes, permaculture and aquaponic gardens. Traveling and nature observation are two things I love to do and would like to do more of.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Definitely from what I have read and understood. I know that we can feed house, medicate and clothe everyone on the planet. The only thing that prevents that is greed and artificial scarcity.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
The Treehouse Sustainable Arts and Living Project is a newborn sustainability project, but I believe we have similar goals. We are trying to organically maximize our food production and build our own machines, movable chicken coups, and sustainable eco systems including chickens, ducks, ponds, fish, and plants.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?
hmm. possibly temporarily, but not permanently
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
Yes, and we ARE the Local Fabricator!
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
Very much, that is a major passion!
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
Yes bud I would like to know more about Industry 2.0. I am getting involved with the City's Green movement called the Clemson Green Ribbon Committee. This is something I would love to propose to them. Clemson is a college town, so the university and the city are collaborating for the Goal of the Greenest college town in America.
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
Yes. There are several local organic farms that could benefit from GVCS.
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
not so much personally, but I'm sure I can find a member of the Treehouse who might be.
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
Possibly, depending on details
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
I would be interested in working with you all to build some of the necessary machines one way or another. My electric car project, the Peregrine, should be very fuel efficient and aerodynamic I am not a greedy person, so making riches for myself is not a necessity. I do need to comfortably provide for my family. I plan to use my money to get out of debt and help other people.
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power)?
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
not sure what that is, but i'm sure if it goes along with everything else you're doing, probably so.
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
It will reduce our dependencies on large corporations and the governing forces of the world. We no longer will have to rely on wal-marts and Monsanto. Teach a man to fish!
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
we can take a large (worldwide) survey of available resources with renewability in mind of course; determine at what rate we are consuming those resources, and adjust our consumption based on availability of all resources. Nations and borders combined with greed present a conflict here, but we could do it on a small scale as well.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
Educate people. Educated people have fewer kids and are more likely to be an asset to society.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
Stop using non-renewable resources for unnecessary tasks, restore plants and eco-systems that can feed off of the pollution. For every problem there is a solution. Education is again a very important aspect here. The people need to know what they are doing and how they can change.
- Do you have any other comments that you'd like to make?
I am very glad to have run into you all. Great job with everything. I am looking forward to meeting with you and fee free to come by the Treehouse to check out our small scale project if ever in SC. Always have the attitude of gratitude with no need for greed
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
We will be starting fabrication on the Peregrine within a month. I would love to collaborate with your ideas for a sustainable vehicle. I would also love to work on any other machines you have. When would be a good time for me to come visit you? I've been itching for a road trip.
- What are you missing in the project?
first hand introduction
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Get more people involved. Share, Love, be kind
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I am interested in the design and fabrication of the machines. I am currently gathering parts for my own 3 wheeled diesel/ electric vehicle in which I would like to collaborate. I am skilled in metal fabrication, woodworking and carpentry, and sustainable building knowledge. I can sometimes make a mean stew if provided the right ingredients :)
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I would love to very much. It depends on where you are located and if I could work from my house/shop.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Pay is good, and rate depends on tools, hours, location, and means of payment.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, and I apologize I have not had the time to check out your entire wiki, but I still don't know where you are located.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Definitely and that Is the main way I believe I can help. I have most machines I would need to do the work, and If I don't have it, I can get it.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
I am not sure what that is but it sounds like I should be a true fans true fan.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
YES! That would be an honor! I have a decent amount of responsibilities I need to attend to in SC, but it is very possible to get a house manager. I would need to check into all the details, but that sounds like it's right up my alley, and I am absolutely positive that I can be of great assistance with sustainable home building design and construction, and machinery fabrication.