Team Culturing Information
last updated: 10. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Sebastian Chedal
- Location (city, country) - traveling, not sure right now. American continent
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - schedal (at) gmail (dot) com, skype: schedal
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - don't have one, but you can see my companys website:http://fountain-city.com
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
because DIY has a huge potential to offer people around the world the tools they need to become autonomous and self-governed.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I know about Open farm Tech aka Open source ecology, but I don't know what GVCS stands for. Perhaps you can instead break your acronym apart when asking questions?
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
More regular communication from you would be helpful. It's very hard to help you out because my emails go answered for months each time I send one.
- What are you missing in the project?
I can't say until I know more.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
For now: and I am new, so first impressions: confusing, scattered website. With multiple websites that duplicate and don't clearly separate information. Nearly impossible for example to even find where you are physically located.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Computer programming, design, usability, coordination, teaching/presentations, permaculture design principles, project management, drupal, php, LAMP, jquery, css2/3, html4/5, flash action scripting, art and music
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Still trying to get involved.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Technology and/or consulting at this point to get started, in the future possibly more.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Since I didn't hear anything for months I currently don't have any availability any more until no sooner than August 2011.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Depends on what I am doing. Payment is secondary for me. If you love my work and you want me to become a critical component in your project, and I end up working 40+ hours a week, then at least a basic living wage would be great. Otherwise if I am working ad-hock and just some hours a week I don't necessarily require any payment; again, depends on a lot of factors. The kind of work I am doing, if others who are doing the same work as me are indeed getting paid, how much, etc.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, I would have loved to come and visit this month in May. However since I didn't hear from you sooner now I don't know anymore if I can make it. It would have to be the last week of May and it's fairly doubtful.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
I am still learning about you, your organization and who you are. Until I get more involved or visit your project-space I am reserving this commitment.
I am already involved with a lot of other volunteer endeavors. My job is to see where I can be of greatest use, and to apply myself there: for maximum impact. I do not really have any kind of ego for personal gratification, I just want to make sure that what I am doing is as effective as possible. Call it efficiency. Time is a critical deciding factor in this, but so is where my money goes. I'd rather have no worries about money and have 40 hours of volunteer time available than working 40 hours a week and donating money to some cause I believe in.
Nothing is more affective than actually doing what you love.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Again, it's possible but so far I haven't seen any real enthusiasm from your side to my skills and abilities. This would have to be a natural evolution from an ongoing collaboration.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
Directly as in "I can use them in my life?" If so, not currently. I know where my strengths are, which is primarily in the mind. I was born with a good head. I can synthesize very complex problems into simple patterns, translate and bridge between highly technical and creative fields, manage project effectively and promote thought-out conceptual creative ideas.
I have total respect for those working to make this world a better place in their own strengths and with their own capacities.
We are all equals doing what we do best.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Ok, so GVCS is a self-reliant system using the tool kit you are proposing. The video I watched said that you still have many of the 40 tools to build. So is this after all your tools are completed, or before?
2013 is still a ways off, so I can't say yet. I would certainly be interested to know more about it as it develops. The key here is again what I said above:
where can I apply myself the most?
where is my time and energy most effective?
And I also have to take into consideration my girl friend, who is a professional flamenco dancer. For her to be happy she needs access to a city that has a Flamenco community. So geographic location of your pilot-city would be an important factor.
Thank you for reading my application, I think the work you are doing is excellent. And I am very proud of all of your work. Truly necessary and a beacon of hope for a real change to the way we live this world.
Committed to action and change,