Seed Eco-Home Roadmap
Disclaimer: this is a working pitch. Some of the deliverables in past tense may not yet be delivered.
- In 2021, we are working on build optimization for 500 hour builds of the 1000 sf Rosebud. Several iterations may be needed to get there. Theoretical Calculations for Seed Eco-Home Build Time show the theoretical mimimums, based on the number of builders and deliverables stated - and are the optimal estimate.
- We are working to reduce the cost of wall materials by 20% while increasing their longevity by 400% - by using compressed earth blocks. Thus saving $10k.
- We are working on reducing the cost of trim, siding, roofing, plumbing, electrical, lumber - with 3D printing using reclaimed plastic waste feedstock. We expect a material cost reduction of the corresponding components by $10-30,000.
- We are working on solar concrete to reduce the cost of concrete from $2000 to $200.
- We are working on reducing the cost of gravel from $600 to $60 by using urbanite instead of virgin rock.
- We are working on cost reduction via corporate team-building events to reduce labor costs by 400 hours - a for-benefit sweat-equity model.
- We are workign on a multiplayer game where poeople practice building house modules in a microfactory. People work in the microfactory to build social capital for their community. People play the vidoe games and revenue goes to construction materials.