I am a student at Dunwoody College of Technology, graduating 2012, majoring in machine tool technology and minoring in mechanical design.
Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name: Shonda Baker
- Location (city, country): Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone): Jershond@gmail.com
- Introductory Video
tutor at Dunwoody college of technology for machine tool and engineering and drafting students
manufacturing parts for graduating mechanical design students and faculty members at Dunwoody college
current student of Dunwoody college of technology majoring in mechanical design and minoring in machine tool technology, engineering and drafting.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I think that the free sharing of ideas and information is paramount to the survival of our species
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
OSE is currently a hub of development, people from all over the globe are trying to get involved.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
free ideas and free communication have always lead to the betterment of society.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I need to iron out the details of how I can use the machine shop my school owns (legalities not access) and I need stable Finances.
- What are you missing in the project?
Funding and a coordinator
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
CAD design, blueprinting and GD+T, blacksmithing (1 year), machining (manual and g-code), I have also been involved in several home rebuilding projects (new walls, several wood floors refinished, drywalling and painting), and I have a bunch of other hobby level skills (sewing, leather, woodworking, minor amounts of welding)
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I have given 3 monthes of my time onsite, pushing the finish date of my schooling back by 6 months.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I am working on a set of designs using concrete casting methodologies to create accurate cheap, if somewhat disposable (first gen tools) machine tools.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I can do offsite work, but I have no financial base now.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
I am I have access to CAD sorfware, solidworks student, and to a machine shop, I would charge between $10-$15 per hour, depending on the type of work, up to a maximum monthly amount.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
I am interested in a Offsite project
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
I'm a poor student.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
yes, I am already working on the machine shop side of development.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No, I don't have the income.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
part time, I still have to finish school.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
Not at this time, as I will be going to school through the year 2013.