- Eye protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times. Steel toed boots are strongly recommended.
- For welding and metalwork, long pants and long sleeves must be worn, no shorts.
- Long hair must be tied back and secured, away from moving equipment.
- Loose clothing or jewelry are not permitted.
- Hearing protection and gloves must be worn when appropriate.
- Gloves must NOT be worn when operating a spinning or turning machine.
Normal Operating Procedures
- No music or headphones in the shop
- No alcohol or pets in the shop
- No distracting chatter of tomfoolery
- Turn off 3-phase generator when not in use
- Use 9" grinder for bulk grinding, and 4" grinder for detail grinding
- Only authorized users are allowed to operate machinery without supervision. See Authorized Users List
- Report all injuries to the individual in authority immediately, no matter how minor.
- Do not leave operating machines unattended.
- Do not try to stop the machine with your hands or body.
- Always keep hands, hair feet, etc. clear of operating machinery.
- Ensure tooling and work pieces are properly supported and clamped prior to operating a machine.
- Do not machine heavy or unwieldy work pieces without special support structures.
- Remove chuck keys, wrenches and other tools from machines after making adjustments.
- Listen for abnormal sounds and report them.
End of Day
- Turn lights off and close garage doors at night. Garage doors help keep out moisture.
- Wrap any loose welding wire cut ends so nobody trips on them.
- Shut welding, torching, and any other gases off.
- Unplug the 2 gallong compressor.
- Sweep floor - 5 minutes.