Shuttleworth November Quarterly Report
Back to Marcin Jakubowski
- The purpose of this update is to showcase your work of the past 3 months and map the next 3 months.
- Be brief. Summarise, do not recreate.
- Link to posts, event profiles, etc. wherever possible.
- Include dates wherever possible.
Quarterly Report Sep. 1, 2012 - Nov. 31, 2012
What did OSE make?
- 4 Day Production Run of Brick Press - Sep. 24 - .
- CEB Press Prototype IV Complete - Sep. 24 - 
- 2 Day Collaborative Production Run of Brick Press - Nov. 23-24 - 
- 2 Day Collaborative Production Run of Power Cube - Nov. 11 - 12 - 
- 1 Day Build of Modular Stove - Oct. 17 - 
- Trencher Build and Test - Nov. 18 - 
- Keyline Plow Build and Test - Oct. 2 - 
- CEB Press Controller - Prototype IV - Nov. 23 - 
- Trenched ~500 feet of water lines with Backhoe - Oct. 3 - 
- House Foundation Insulation Finished - Dec. 2 - 
- Backhoe Design and Flash Mob - Nov. 21 - 
- Working on True Fans crowd funding platform - Nov. 19 - 
- Shuttleworth Foundation re-application - Nov. 29 - 
- First time baling hay with LifeTrac with an industry standard baler - Oct. 30 - 
Where did you go?
- SupporTED Collaboratorium - Sep. 5-8 -  and 
- Global Insights Network gathering - Oct. 8-10 - organized by General Electric on the topic of Distributed Manufacturing.
- Bioneers East Conference keynote - Oct. 28 - 
- Shuttleworth Fellows Gathering - Nov. 4-9- 
- NYC - Nov 18-19 - Strategic Planning Session with Undercurrent- , Milgo Bufkin Digital Fabricators -  on optimizing fabrication to single-day runs, 3rd Ward on teaching a CNC Torch Table workshop [, and Open Source Hardware Association Visit  on Documentation Standards development.
What have you been saying?
- First Draft of Strategic Plan - 
- First Installment of biweekly newsletter - OSEmail - 
- TED Weekends in Huffington Post on the Efficient Economy - 
- Plan for 2013 in Shuttleworth re-application - 
- Modularity Pattern Language in development - 
Who is joining your thinking?
- Focus Forward film competition - we are now Finalists - 
- Time Magazine thinks we are one of the 50 Best Inventions for 2012 - 
- MIT Innovations Journal - 
- Open Source Hardware Association - development of Documentation Standards
- 2 high school students did the first replication of our tractor and want to donate it to a community garden - 
- Istanbul Design Biennial is joining us in thinking about the third industrial revolution - 
Your roadmap for the next 3 months
- December - 1 Day Production Run of Brick Press - major milestone of efficient production. Stabilizing organization with tighter rollout plan and strategy.
- January - Recruiting Operations Manager and Technical Lead as first people to free me up. Standards development for Documentation and Development Procedure.
- February - 2 production runs in planning. Probably CNC Torch Table and Ironworker Machine - key production machines as we move into digital fabrication as our main means.
Your favourite artefact of the past 3 months
- 2 Day Production Run of Brick Press and Power Cube - optimizing production.