Simple 3D Printer BOM
This is a simplified version of the OSE 3D Printer as documented in the 3D Printer Manual:
- Small 6" bed
- Bed is not heated. Don't need PEI, large power supply, or MOSFET
- One Z axis with cantilevered Z axis
- Retains the RepRap Discount Smart Controller for easy interface
- 3D printed linear bearings - since we are still using our strong motors, there should be no issue with using PLA printed linear bearings even if there is extra friction
- Smaller power supply, as there is no need to heat the bed
- Frame is 3D printed tube or PVC with 3D printed corners
- Need to design axis holders that clamp onto the PVC for mounting the Y and Z axes
- 3D printed control panel mount
- Needs to determine a workable, low cost extruder
- Once you start simplifying even more, it becomes an engineering challenge. But with a high performance printer like the D3D, you can print more of the required parts - including belts, pulleys, bearing, and more.
Note that there are 2 options here - for higher fruction - it is printed bearings with EMT. Low friction would be 3D Printed Linear Bearing.
- Still a high performance version with PEI and heated bed.
- Needs an extruder