(Redirected from Sodium Ion Batteries)
- A Rechargeable Battery similar to a Lithium-Ion Battery but with Elemental Sodium as the Ion
- Given Sodium Chloride (non-iodized salt without trace minerals) can be easily extracted from Brine / Seawater instead of having to mine Lithium , they have the potential to be VERY cheap
- The Wikipedia Page on Sodium-Ion Batteries
- A TedX Talk By Jay Whitacre Titled "Reinterpreting the Process of Innovation" (They go over their approach to Product Development that they learned in starting a company making Sodium-Ion Batteries)
- A Video by the YouTube Channel "Just Have a Think" Titled "Sodium-ion battery breakthrough. Safer, cheaper and cleaner than Lithium-ion"