Statement of Work Template
- 1 General Statement of Work
- 2 Website Sample Statement of Work
- 2.1 Summary
- 2.2 Project Development Assumptions
- 2.3 Delivery Schedule
- 2.4 Site Warranty and Revisions
- 2.5 Project Estimate
- 3 More
General Statement of Work
See wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statement_of_work
A statement of work typically addresses these subjects:
- Purpose: Why are we doing this project? A purpose statement attempts to answer this.
- Scope of Work: This describes the work to be done and specifies the hardware and software involved.
- Location of Work: This describes where the work is to be performed, including the location of hardware and software and where people will meet to do the work.
- Period of Performance: This specifies the allowable time for projects, such as start and finish time, number of hours that can be billed per week or month, where work is to be performed and anything else that relates to scheduling.
- Deliverables Schedule: This part lists and describes what is due and when.
- Applicable Standards: This describes any industry specific standards that need to be adhered to in fulfilling the contract.
- Acceptance Criteria: This specifies how the buyer or receiver of goods will determine if the product or service is acceptable, usually with objective criteria. See Acceptance testing.
- Special Requirements: This specifies any special hardware or software, specialised workforce requirements, such as degrees or certifications for personnel, travel requirements, and anything else not covered in the contract specifics.
- Type of Contract/Payment Schedule: The project acceptance will depend on if the budget available will be enough to cover the work required. Therefore a breakdown of payments by whether they are up-front or phased will usually be negotiated in an early stage.
- Miscellaneous: Many items that are not part of the main negotiations may be listed because they are important to the project, and overlooking or forgetting them could pose problems for the project.
Website Sample Statement of Work
Improving Site Design
[Description of specific Site Design process & goals]
Content Reorganization [Description of specific Content Reoganization process & goals]
Generate New Leads [Description of specific Lead Generation process & goals]
Project Development Assumptions
- The website will be developed using [Programming Language or Content
Management System] and will be hosted on a [Hosting Environment] server
- The site will be designed to be used across a wide range of browser including: IE7-9,
Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera. The site will be tested on Windows XP, Windows 7, OSX and Ubuntu.
- It is assumed that the client will be providing their own hosting for the site. If existing
hosting will not be provided, hosting will be set up with a reputable 3rd party company and billing details will be provided by the client.
- Domain registrations, SSL certificates, Merchant Accounts and any other 3rd party
setup costs or monthly fees are not included as part of this quote. See Expenses section for a complete list of estimated 3rd party expenses.
- Project management, communications and tracking will be primarily handled by
email, over the phone (and/or Skype), and through BaseCamp.
- Unless an existing website analytics account is provided, site statistics, goal tracking
and analytics will be handled by Google Analytics
List specific deliverables and time. List risks that can occur for timely completion.
Site Warranty and Revisions
How will the site be approved, and how many revision iterations are required by the contractor, and guidelines for this process.
Project Planning Meetings & conversations to define scope and/or review changes $130
Information Architecture & User Experience Planning Planning an updated site-map, content reorganization and user flow from all site entry pages through to conversion goals. $195
Search Engine Optimization Research Keyword research & competitor analysis to identify appropriate keywords & phrases.
Primary Website Dev
- Project Planning
Meetings & conversations to define scope and/or review changes $130 Information Architecture & User Experience Planning Planning an updated site-map, content reorganization and user flow from all site entry pages through to conversion goals. $195 Search Engine Optimization Research Keyword research & competitor analysis to identify appropriate keywords & phrases.
Mobile Device Optimization
Testing & Pre-Launch Checklist
Test Preparation Creation of test-cases (use-cases) for use with video user testing service. Video user testing will help identify usability gaps & conversion improvements. Note: This does not include the cost for individual tests. See Expense section on the following page. $65 User Test Review & Analysis Watching all completed video user tests and creation of a list of suggested changes to improve site functionality and usability. $195 Usability Revisions Estimated time to complete revisions based on user video analysis.
Site Launch & Domain Hosting Transfer Management Setting up the new hosting account, moving the site from the staging environment to the live environment, transferring the DNS, creating required email addresses, etc.
Post Launch Services
Google Adwords Campaign Setup Setting up a Google AdWords campaign to drive additional traffic to the website. Including keyword management, ad creation (up to 5 variations) and one customized conversion optimized landing page. Note: This does not include the ongoing monthly cost for the PPC campaign. Daily / Monthly budgets will be set based on suggested keyword and future conversations. $390 On-going Campaign Review & Optimization Monthly analysis of site conversions / analytics, AdWords campaign, and SEO results. Also includes improvement suggestions, tweaks and implementation. Note: $130 / month for 6 months. $780 Extended Site Management 6 months of additional site management & updates beyond the initial site development period. Note: Up-to 4 hours of no-charge changes per month for 6 months
Video User Testing Cost for Individual user tests required for the User Testing line item. $40 per test, suggested 5 tests. Note: This cost has not been included in the total amount for the project. $200 Site Hosting Preferred hosting provider is DreamHost.com. Hosting is approximately $10/month with minimum contracts of 12 months. Note: We will gladly set up and manage the hosting account, but it is generally advisable that the billing contact information be in the client's name so that full control of the account and all payments are retained by the site owner / administrator. This cost has not been included in the total amount for the project.
Total cost for the development and deployment for the project described in this document is:
Excluding taxes, third-party account costs (hosting, merchant account, SSL, etc) or any other sundry costs for things such as (but not limited to) stock photography, PPC campaign budgets, video conversion, etc (unless specifically stated within this document). Payments are split into 3 equal payments due at different phases throughout the project. $2,768 - Due at the beginning of the project. $2,768 - Due at the launch of the beta site (prior to client review/revisions & user testing). $2,769 - Due after the successful launch of the completed version of the site.
This quote is NOT private and confidential. Of course, Simplicate will not share your information with anyone else, but you may share this proposal with whomever you like. You deserve the best quality of work and the best price that you can get. We're confident that our estimate represents a true reflection of the quality craftsmanship needed to deliver your project on time, on budget and to spec.