Summary of All Mechanisms
All of technology can be summarized to:
- Bulk structures - dirt and wood. Block and construction. Done by heavy machines and structural engineering.
- Metal and plastic - precise shapes. Precision CNC such as for engines and cranks, and ubiquitous plastic geometries.
- 3D Printing - plastic, metal, and stone (ceramic, house concrete, mud). CNC squirt machines.
- Rotor - shaft, 2 bearings, and a coupler. Or an air bearing. All rotor heads. Made by CNC lathes and Precision Grinder for Bearings.
- Metal sheet, wire, tube - hot metal processing with induction furnace, metal rollers, and controls.
- Alloying - metal and plastic for different properties. Requires Open Source Electron Microscope.
- Piston - linear motion. Engine, pump. Hydraulic, air, material.
- Electric wire - induction for furnace or motor; or solenoid; or injector. Highest tech is high pressure injector.
- Microcontroller and transistor - for timing. Controlling a 10kW motor with an Arduino.
- Process gases - argon, helium, air, carbon dioxide. Made with Open Source Cryopumps.
- Semiconductors - zone refining with induction heaters and process gas. For Open Source Photovoltaics.