What is a supercooperator? It is a person who recognizes that we are not alone, and human progress relies on the contribution of many people. Thus, a supercooperator takes on a humble stance within this - and chooses to cooperate with others on solving problems rather than working solo. A supercooperator recognizes that they can accomplish much more in life by cooperating and sharing resources, and makes it a practice to collaborate as a norm. The supercooperator understands that solo work can solve problems, but that only supercooperation can resolve Pressing World Issues. Thus, a supercooperator is a big thinker, and chooses to solve more difficult problems rather than ordinary ones.
The characteristics of supercooperators are:
- They Work Openly
- They are not afraid to solve for larger problems, because they understand that they don't have to do it alone, and there is more power in collaboration - therefore there is an inherent incentive to work together.
- They publish their work product and process
- Quest for enlightenment is more important to them than ego
- They admit that any development of knowledge or know-how, even breakthroughs of Einsteinian proportion, are tiny bits added to the vast sum of all human knowledge
- Therefore, they have the humility to consider their ideas as a gift to the world that increases freedom for everyone
- They have the hubris to assume that their collaborative work will become world class, given that enough talent will join the effort
- Understands the Mathematics of Supercooperation
- Given the above considerations, supercooperators cringe at the thought of ideas being proprietary