TED Talks on Rapid Learning
- TED Talk on how it takes 20 hours to get good at something (not expert) - 
- First - Deconstruct the skill. break down a skill into parts
- Second - Learn enough to self-correct. Learn enough to know when you are not on track.
- Third - Remove distractions or practice barriers
- Take-home message - the barrier is emotional - getting through the pain of sucking
- 10,000 hours are required to learn something at an expert level, according to research. That is a full time job for 5 years. This also means that an average individual, since they mature at 25 - has the opportunity to master at least 10 things in their life. As such, becoming a world class athlete, businessman, scholar, humanitarian, explorer - is possible two times over. This is not even pushing it - this assumes a 40 hour week with 2 weeks vacation every year.