Talk:Daily Log of Tasks
Link to instructional video is broken.
Points for clarification
Not sure what these mean:
- Are you keeping weekly planning goals on your log?
- Are you using the versioning capacity of the wiki to upload new files?
Not sure how best to do this in the Weekly Log:
Log tasks in an ongoing fashion.
- Week plan due Monday: what do you intend to do this week (in your own words)
- What did you in fact do this past week? What unplanned items?
- What is your own assessment of that / your progress?
Stuff that was not explicit and can be figured out
- How you link to a subsection (you do it like this: [Page Title#Subsection Title])
Key Takeaways to Highlight
I missed some things on my first read that could be highlighted for emphasis. Upon a closer read here are some things that stuck out:
- If you are adding to an existing page, think of creating a subsection so that you can link to it directly as a wiki link. Otherwise, the only way for the reader to see what you have contributed is to look at the page history, which takes more time.
- If you want to upload an unsupported file format to the wiki which the wiki does not allow you to upload - compress it to a zip or other format and upload it then. The wiki supports uploads of compressed files such as .zip.
- Roll up entries into a single link on a monthly basis, see bottom of Marcin Log for example.
Also in general:
- Always be logging (if you didn't document, it didn't happen)
- Style of log is brief, concise, and to link to others.
- However, you should still contextualize what you're doing and why in the log
- When you link to things, be descriptive enough to summarize the takeaways or the benefit of clicking the link