Talk:MicroTrac Controller v17.10
- 1 Wireless Communication Options
- 2 Latency
- 3 Remote Control Arduino Examples
- 4 Control
Wireless Communication Options
- Arduino's official wifi shield is discontinued
- Could use xbee radio w/ shield
- Arduino MKR WAN 1300 link
- new board for arduino, comes out in november
some digi cards have reported latency issues. might need to change xbee card.
- "I would try with routers and sending a unicast to each of them instead of a broadcast. Also, maybe ZigBee is not the best option here if speed is relevant (ZigBee migth add up to seconds due to Mesh network routing), XBee Series 1 (802.15.4) are faster than ZigBee and the configuration is similar if you want to deploy a star network."
- might try using GPIO pins on xbee radio to avoid using serial communication
- need to use 330 ohm resistor + 3.3V zener diode to drop from 5V to 3.3V for each pin
Remote Control Arduino Examples
- Relay Board Controlled
- left side forward
- left side reverse
- right side forward
- right side reverse
- main arm up
- main arm down
- bucket up
- bucket down
- engine start
- engine kill
- choke - linear actuator?
- trottle potentiometer - linear actuator?
Input Devices and Switches
- 4-way Knockout mounted connector grainger
- these would look nice on a box. no dimensions listed online. hole size?
Radio Coax Cable Connections
- putting two 18 gauge wires into one relay module terminal block is tricky.
- could have switch wire and trailer plug wire meet at a crimp connector then have one wire go to relay module
Three pins on GPS module GRND, 3.3V, TX
Compass and Logic Level Converter
need a converter to communicate between 3.3v compass and 5v arduino pins
USB on/off switch
how to splice in an on/off switch to a usb cable