From Open Source Ecology
Fri Jun 19, 2020
- Connect to Michael McDonald
- Connect to HAT Ponics - Ryan Cox
- He's doing fabrication - lots of great work. Stays on the periphery, out of fray of fame and fortune, and nonsense.
- Land-based, coastal, and deeper ocean are all relevant.
- Aquaculture centric - invites OSE into ecosystem management circular economy deal.
- Manu next
- Rockefeller foundation grant - moving forward on it
- Global Summit - will be operating at a pace.
Jun 15, 2020
- Nature conservancy leader and consultant.
- Cleanfish came out against the way conservation agencies did it.
- Nature article - farmed bad-wild good
- Not good question to ask is it wild or farmed - but is it artisinal vs industrial scale
- Worked with Schumacher in the 20s
- I am similar to John Todd, Tim says. mj responds - "Except he's not one bit open source"
- Did lots of work on collaborative decision-making.
- But what about complete boundary-crossing?
- Seafood - industry determined the conversation for conservation people, and conservation people determined the conversation for ...
- Lyndesfarne - lived there
- Also did corporate settings
- Did consulting firms