Torch Table Specifications
- Consists largely of off-shelf components and stock steel profiles for structure
- Materials cost of $1500
- 1/16" accuracy over 8 feet
- 1/50" resolution
- 30 pounds of force on x and y axis
- Single side drive
- Simplest possible design for fabrication optimization
- Accepts oxyacetylene or plasma torch head
X Axis Detail
Note a 1 1/4 inch square cold-rolled rail, to which a gear rack is attached. A small angle holds the roller cam on top of the cold-rolled rail.
Gear rack is attached to cold rolled rail. Spring tensioning of stepper motor plate is used. Stepper motor plate is attached to the gantry through a bearing to allow rotation, for spring tensioning .