Transmission and Distribution Losses
Fact or Fiction?
- 67%? Huge! Of this, 50% is distribution losses. 
- 5% 
- 7% of energy used is lost in transmission - . Transmission line losses appear to be amazingly low.
Who is lying?
- There are technical and commercial losses [. Technical is physics. Commercial is the load matching, idle running, startup-shutdown, etc.
- Base load losses? Power plant idles when nobody is using electricity - meaning 100% is wasted unless there is load matching.
- Logic - transmission lines will be designed to be as long as possible until energy loss at the end is really high, but better usage closer by makes it econ feasible.