Tree Yield Per Acre
(Redirected from Tree Yields Per Acre)
- This page goes over how much wood can be sustainably harvested from a (natural? ie not tree farm and/or edible forest etc?) forest
Naturally Fallen Biomass
- With trees like live oak etc many branches can fall after storms etc
- Perhaps use these as biomass?
- Thinning (Forestry)
- Essentially removal of some trees to allow for extra "growing room", see also Controlled Burn (Forestry) ?
- Easter USA forest - 30 dry tons for 40% thinning. For 25% charcoal yield, that is 7 tons per acre. 7 tons is 5 tons GGE. 3 kg diesel per gallon. 5 tons is thus 1500 gallons. Or about 40k miles - enough for 2 average Americans.
60 wet and 30 dry tons per acre from 35-40% thinning based on Basal Area.