Trellis Procedure Notes
- install first trellis. Use successive overlap. Trellis had 15 inch cuts, for 18" width total.
- Lag bolts every 1 foot. Started with 4-6 3" deck screws, right at top z flashing.
- First trellis started in northeast side. Put band on. But then band needed to be moved east due to successive overlap.
- Used triangle supports.
- Used blocking to support band 1.5" lower, but some places band was even with trellis.
- Used blocking on leading end of trellis as support and alignment for next trellis, to save on using triangle supports. Built 4 triangle supports sufficient for one side of house
- Screw in 5" 3/8" lag bolts from angle - so length of driving cordless drill fits in.
- Boots should really be 4" (here 1.5" house + siding 5/8" +1.5 trellis+ washer). Total 96 bolts.
- Screws thus should likewise be 4"