Hello, this is a user page, if you have come here by accident then you may use the search bar to your left to find what you are looking for.
- Trenton Cronholm/U.S.A/mixture of Swedish and French ancestry, but in the US you would call me Caucasian or white
- I am located in either, Dallas, TX or Los Angeles, California
- Contact Information – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introductory Video- Later...
- Resume/CV – Tutoring and 3 years of college, not much more that needs to be said, but I can make it stretch for a page and a half if you are interested
- Hobbies and Pastimes- I haven't eaten out in 2 years, everything I eat, I prepare myself. I live extremely frugally, I make my own soap, toothpaste, render lard, etc... If I can make it myself I usually take that option. I bike or run most days. I read eclectically. I know quite a bit about nutrition and exercise. I keep abreast of the news, and I am currently researching various aspects of the "green" movement and technologies, as well as the societal and bureaucratic roadblocks to creating an improved world.
Why are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- ...complex answer,the simplification is that you have a good idea, need help, and that I am in a position to give it.
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
- See above
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?
- They have fascinating implications for areas that are not already "established" in a modern sense.
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
- Some of them
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
- Not really, commercial anything isn't all that appealing
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
- It would be great if that could happen, but the red tape would be prohibitive I imagine.
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
- Once again I hold out little hope against the litigiousness of modern american society and the prohibitiveness of it construction regulation.
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
- Well if I work with you long enough I would be willing to draft an analysis of the efficacy of your methods.
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
- Bah, I am not interested in personal wealth.
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
- I am interested in a scholarly sense. Too soon for my opinion to be more than just barks and yips.
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power)
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
- Hmm... I am interested to see if these communities are interested in building themselves
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
- Actually I was thinking about doing something like that with earthbags as the primary material.
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
- It can help, yes.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
- Depends, but I imagine it would help in many environs
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
- Insomuch as it brings about societal stability, so also will it alter child rearing strategies. Beyond that, it is hard to say.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
- Locally yes, globally, I would say it is economically unlikely
- Do you have any other comments that you'd like to make? I'd say that I have blathered on quite enough
- You guys need help with your wiki, I can help with that.
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project?
- Wiki tech support so far
- Graphic designer?
- No, but I created about 50 free use .svg rendering for use in mathematics and sundry other article in wikipedia. Most were quite good, but not professional
- I was an Eagle scout. I did volunteer work in high school. I have organized groups and lead them effectively, but it is not something that I seek out, it usually just happens.
- Are you familiar with open source software?
- Do you use Linux?
- Are you a computer programmer?
- Have you administered a wiki?
- I helped administer Wikipedia for a year and a half (writing, organizing, graphics, dispute resolution, bug reporting, content assessment, voting and project collaboration), but I never applied for, acquired, nor used admin tools (I.E. page deletion, page protection and blocking disruptive users and IPs.)
- Personal finances only.
- Societal paradigms are fascinating to me. I am most interested in the process of rapid societal evolution that we area part of. Regarding the development of a particular social contract, yes I am interested, but it must be practicable on a large scale. Utopianism and idle philosophizing are not anything but daliance.
- I can cook just about anything, but I have never cooked for more than 16 people, nor have I worked in an industrial level kitchen. I am more inclined towards baking since it is more precise.
- I have played around with Blender for a while, but that was 4 years ago.
- I grew up building stuff. I enjoy working with wood and especially the lathe. I am at a hobbyest level in most things however.
Electronics and Magnetics
- I know basic E&M(college intro level)
- I have little experience with automation
- I am not a metallurgist
- I am not a trained engineer
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Digitally for now.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Depends, I am on leave for the semester so I have more free time now than I will later.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay?
- No, money does not interest me.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Impractical for the near future
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- $10 is not much, certainly, but I just got here and would rather contribute time initially.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Not at this time
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Some, not all
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
- It is fascinating and I think I would enjoy it. However I am not sure what I am going to be doing in 2013. So we'll just have to wait and see.