I'm Dave Menninger. I'm interested in contributing to the documentation of the project.
I'd especially like to work on Templates and Categorization.
The tool that I've found to be invaluable in this regard is Semantic MediaWiki.
If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know.
future work areas
- Widget:Google Viewer ( http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Google_Viewer ) I am unable to create pages in the Widget namespace. :(
- Template:Wiki Curation
- HOWTO Edit the Wiki
Team Culturing Information
last updated: 22. June, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Dave Menninger
- Location (city, country) - Cincinnati, USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - dave (dot) menninger (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - President, co-founder of Hive13 hackerspace in Cincinnati.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes, very much so.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I'd like to see the documentation deliverables become easier to use.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Giving people Access To Tools.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Install SemanticMediaWiki plugin into the OSE wiki.
- What are you missing in the project?
Feedback loops to communities not within the project itself.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Better instructions, howto's.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I'd like to spend a lot of time working on cleaning up the wiki and making the progress and entry points for new users more obvious.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.