I taught humanities programs in high schools and developed curriculum for 8 years and found myself more and more interested in revolutionary and disruptive educational models--and the hard technical skills it takes to jumpstart them. My long term plan is to design a school that is based on the model of a city in miniature, growing and scaling its productive, legislative, political, and artistic platforms. For now I am retraining in fabrication, welding, and design both to help me with the minimum viable product for this school concept (which I see as agricultural products), and because of a personal goal to build my own sailboat.
- MA in Teaching at Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA 2011
- BA Liberal Arts Culture from New St. Andrews in Moscow, ID 2007
- VCC in Welding from Seminole Community College in Sanford, FL 2016
- OSHA 30, in Sanford, FL 2016
- Education related: a) taught high school English, logic, rhetoric for the Cahaya Bangsa Classical School in Indonesia; and privately tutored euclidean geometry at New St Andrews; b) developed junior high english curriculum at Montrose Academy; c) wrote a rhetoric course (textbook + teacher's guide, + administrative documents) for The Rafiki Foundation for use in a series of their African schools in 10 countries; and d) taught Logic online for Veritas Press Scholars Academy. 8 yrs.
- Fabrication related: a) worked for BAS Steel, a structural steel fabrication & construction company; b) interned at WeldTech; c) volunteered with [https://www.deppenpaddles.com/ Tim Deppen Paddles) refinishing a 1940's wooden boat; and d) general construction labor. 3 yrs.
Skills: Curriculum design. Welding.
Currently a member at The Curious Forge Make Space where I have 1) access to tools for carpentry, welding and metalworking, electronics & 3D printing, and some basic CNC milling and laser cutting (wood & acrylic); 2) access to workshops on all of it; and 3) the opportunity to host workshops of my own. In the future The Curious Forge is interested in hosting OSE Workshops for the community around Grass Valley, CA.